I grew up watching musicals. My moms loves them, all of them, and would make us watch them all the time. We even got season tickets to Theater Under the Stars and would go see our 5 musicals a year so I grew to love them too. My Fair Lady, Carousel, Singing in the Rain, The Music Man, Sound of Music – you name it, I’ve probably seen it.
For awhile now I’ve wanted to start a recurring segment here on the blog to share something other than just photographs. I wanted a forum to talk about the things I’m loving and not loving so when it came time to give this segment a name, Sound of Music instantly popped in my head. All I could think about was raindrops on roses, warm woolen mittens, and brown paper packages tied up with string! So, I bring you the first installment A Few of My Favorite Things! In this (and all of the Favorite Things posts) I will talk about random things I’m loving right now, new and interesting things I’ve found, good (and perhaps not so good) recipes…really just anything and everything I’m enjoying at the time. I may also throw in a few things I’m not loving because, well, sometimes it’s just good to vent about your not-so-favorite things as well! So without further adieu…
This week I’m loving:
– Cake balls. I may or may not be addicted to sweets and my mom had the most delicious cake balls for our dessert at dinner Sunday night. Thank you Norma’s Bakery!!
– Online shopping. I feel like I buy everything online. If I could buy all my groceries online, I would. The sheer convenience of it is just too hard to resist. Plus, when the package arrives it’s like Christmas all over again!!
– Glee. Madonna episode. Enough said.
– The power of prayer. I’ve mentioned before on this blog that the word ‘cancer’ is practically a four letter word in my family. We’ve lost too many family members to the dreadful disease and it’s time a cure is found. Particularly this week, I loving how strong the power of prayer can be. There’s this lovely gal I grew up going to school with. We never really ran in the same circle but I’ve known her since we were probably 7 and always felt somewhat of a connection to her because her birthday is the day before mine. She recently found out her mom had cancer and though we aren’t close, my past experience with the four letter word had me feeling for this family. Through the powers that are internetland, I’ve learned her mom underwent surgery earlier this week and is now cancer free! I am steadfast in believing the power of prayer can move mountains. It did for this family.
– My last favorite thing for this week is my acrobatic dog (you knew I was going to squeeze my dogs in here somehow!!). Below is my sweet Sammy dog. He is obsessed with tennis balls. He has one in his mouth all day every day and is constantly bringing them to us wanting us to throw them. Is he ever living up to his ‘retriever’ name! Well, my husband has started this game with Sam. We go in the backyard, Jeff lobs the ball in the air, Sam sprints after it, then leaps into the air to catch the ball. It’s really is kind of neat to see how high he jumps just to get the ball. So, being me, I grabbed my camera while Jeff was throwing the ball with Sam last week to document his acrobatics. Ladies and gentlemen, my dog has ups. 🙂
That’s all for this installment of My Favorite Things! Happy Thursday AND Happy Earth Day!!